About CVERAP II
· On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, Governor Murphy’s Administration announced that the application period for a second phase of the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program II (CVERAP II) will open on Monday March 22, 2021.
· The federally-funded program will provide approximately $353 million in rental assistance to low- and moderate-income households that have had a substantial reduction in income as a result of the pandemic, including those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
· CVERAP Phase II will provide rental arrears and temporary rental assistance to low- and moderate-income households that have had a substantial reduction in income, have qualified for unemployment benefits, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due, directly, or indirectly, to the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Nan McKay & Associates has been authorized by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs to assist in the administration of CVERAP Phase II and to communicate with applicants and landlords.
· CVERAP Phase II pre-applications can be submitted online starting at 9 a.m. this Monday, March 22, 2021 with the use of a personal computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet at https://njdca.onlinepha.com
· Pre-application needs to be completed to enter the lottery.
· If the pre-application is selected through the computerized lottery process, DCA staff will contact the renter to complete a full application.
How to apply:
1. Apply at DCA’s online portal.
2. Applications are online only. You can use a computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
3. Only one application per household will be accepted. Duplicates will be rejected.
4. You must provide an email address. If you don’t have one, the application process will allow you to create one.
5. You must also provide names, birthdates, and income information for everyone in your household; landlord information; any current or previous housing assistance received; evidence that you fulfill the eligibility requirements below; a lease agreement; and proof of rent owed.
· Link on public notices in English and Spanish, FAQ’s, and flyers for tenants and landlords. https://www.nj.gov/dca/cverap2.shtml
· Completion of the pre-application does not guarantee placement
· Landlords, can apply on behalf of their tenant